Gut and Digestive Health Ingredients and Consumer Products - Market Trends and Insights is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Millions of consumers are facing gut and digestive health disorders which provides business opportunities for dietary supplement producers looking to provide effective products that can help manage illness and intolerances, as well as promote overall health. Global demand for probiotics is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2013 to 2018. The gastrointestinal health supplement category saw $1.4 billion in consumer sales in 2011, a 14% percent increase over the previous year.
The regulatory environment is difficult and the industry is daring flexible interpretations of the regulations in certain regions. Manufacturers will need to consult with local authorities before making a decision on how to represent probiotics or prebiotics on labels. However, a lack of understanding amongst the public regarding fiber importance in the diet, and how much fiber should be consumed on a daily basis, remains a communication hurdle for product manufacturers.
Certain polyphenols seem to act as prebiotic-type substances and offers innovation opportunities for the industry. Additionally, some phenolic acids affect the expression and activity of enzymes involved in the production of inflammatory mediators thought to be important in the development of gut disorders, including colon cancer. Another prospect group of ingredients are dietary enzymes targeting a wide range of digestive health issues. As consumer awareness for this unique category of dietary supplements grows, companies could begin to combine enzymes with other nutrients that can enhance beneficial effects in the gut.
It is expected that major industry participants such as Nestec SA (Switzerland), Alimentary Health Limited, and Nutrica NV will increase their RandD efforts to develop new products and new product applications, along with their approval in various geographic regions to gain a competitive edge. Universities and other small organizations and companies around the world also play a dynamic role in the development of the industry.
- The discovery of new categories of gut health ingredient that have the potential to meet market demands
- Gut health is not only a matter of improving food safety, as dietary needs are also important
- Developing, and some developed countries, are very far behind in understanding these needs, despite being the most vulnerable areas
- Blends are the way forward for most suppliers if they want to tackle multiple effects
- Globally, many people suffer from certain types of digestive disorder such as irritable bowel, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, reflux, and gas. Gut and digestive health is central to overall health and is connected to everything that happens in a human body.
- Intestinal health could be defined as the optimal digestion, absorption, and assimilation of food. The gut system helps the body to digest food, produces vitamins, regulate hormones, excrete toxins, and produce healing compounds that keep a human body healthy.
- As digestive health is fully associated with food and drink intake, there is an opportunity to formulate consumer products that alleviates conditions, and prevents digestive and gut discomforts. This report thoroughly investigates the complete value chain, from raw materials, ingredient manufacturing, and ingredient suppliers, to manufacturers, final products, and consumers.
- This report provides analysis of the world's leading players in the gut and digestive health industry, the key ingredients occupying the major shares, with a clear insight and commentary on the developments and trends. With the huge market potential and growth, gut and digestive health market is likely to witness a positive shift. The market is anticipated to flourish in the developed as well as the developing regions. The growth is also attributed to the growing demands and penetration of the gut and digestive health products. The global increase in health consciousness has demanded more gut and digestive health products.
Reasons To Buy
- Insight into current and future product innovation opportunities of gut and digestive health products
- Insight into the consumption of various product categories and future demand potential
- Being able to assess formulation and supplier strategies influencing formulation choices
- Learn about market leading ingredients characteristics, leading manufacturers, and regulatory conditions
- Understand product formulation and labeling opportunities
- Gives a comprehensive overview of u the market potential of gut and digestive ingredients and consumer products
- Provides industry knowledge for competitive analysis and innovative needs"
To access full report with TOC, please visit Gut and Digestive Health Ingredients and Consumer Products - Market Trends and Insights.