EpiCast Report: Colorectal Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Colorectal cancer (CRC) is cancer that starts in the colon or the rectum. CRC has the third highest incidence among all cancers in men and second highest in women. CRC is a high mortality cancer, with mortality rates just behind lung, liver, and stomach cancers in men, and breast and lung cancers in women. Most cases of CRC start as small adenoma polyps in the inner lining of the colon or rectum. CRC screening aims to identify and remove polyps when they are small to prevent the polyps from changing into cancer and has been shown to be effective in reducing the mortality from CRC.
The epidemiologists forecast that the number of total diagnosed incident cases of CRC in the 8MM is expected to grow from 758,062 cases in 2013 to 1,016,937 cases in 2023 at a rate of 3.41% per year during the forecast period. The number of diagnosed prevalent cases in the 8MM is expected to increase by 34.1% over the next decade from 2,583,156 cases in 2013 to 3,464,998 cases in 2023.
The forecast and analysis is supported by at least 10 years of historical data obtained from international cancer organizations, country-specific government sources, and peer-reviewed studies. The forecast of incident CRC cases were based on detailed age-specific and sex-specific trends in incidence in each of the 8MM. This forecast provides detailed case-segmentation of the CRC pool for each country by age, sex, stage at diagnosis; prevalent cases are further segmented by KRAS mutation status, thereby providing a comprehensive view of CRC epidemiology in 8MM. The forecast is driven by a thorough analysis of historical data and current events such as screening initiatives and by the projected population growth in each country. The forecast methodology was also consistent across all eight markets, thereby allowing for a meaningful comparison among them.
- The colorectal cancer (CRC) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical trends for CRC in the eight major markets (8MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and China [urban]). In addition, the report also includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of CRC and diagnosed five-year prevalent cases in these markets from 2013-2023. The diagnosed incident cases of CRC are further segmented by age (20-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years, 60-69 years, 70-79 years, and =80 years), sex, stage at diagnosis, and KRAS mutation status.
- The CRC epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CRC market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global CRC market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups, sex, stage at diagnosis, and KRAS mutation status that present the best opportunities for CRC therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Complete report available @ EpiCast Report: Colorectal Cancer - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023.