Visitors to Glenwood Springs will get an earful at informal concert venues that run the gamut from country to classical, boogie woogie blues to good ‘ol rock and roll, and the best part is they’re all FREE!!
- Aspen Music Festival: Sit outside and listen to the works of the world’s greatest composers performed by talented classically trained young musicians. Sundays, 4 p.m. through Aug. 23.
- Rifle Centennial Park Concert Series: This weekly festival features activities for kids including free mini golf, but the main attraction is the talent that takes the stage every Sunday at 6 p.m. through Aug. 16.
- Monday Night Jazz Jam: Get the week started on a mellow note at the historic Hotel Colorado. From soulful to swingin,’ local musicians riff and jam from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- Glenwood’s Downtown Market: Listen to an eclectic variety of music including folk, bluegrass and acoustic, while sampling the goodies on offer from local farmers, ranchers and chefs. Through Sept 15, from 4 - 8 p.m., at Centennial Park.
- Glenwood Springs Summer of Music: The shows open with local favorites, followed by nationally acclaimed bands. The diversity of the acts makes each week a must see show. Coming up: Otis Taylor; Lionel Young Band; Groove Trotters. From 6:30 – 9 p.m. at Two Rivers Park through July 29.
- Snowmass Summer of Music: Upcoming artists include Gangstagrass, Jaden Carlson Band, Feufollet, Firefall and Taj Mahal. From 6:15 – 8:30 p.m. through August 13. Be sure to check the schedule.
- “Friday Afternoon Club” on the Mountain: At Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, from 5 – 9 p.m., through Aug. 15. Print this coupon to ride the tram for free after 4 p.m. Featured music includes Americana, folk, bluegrass, piano, R&B and jazz.
- Redstone Music in the Park: Bring a picnic, a blanket, and then settle in for a couple of hours of entertainment. Music starts at 6 p.m.; concerts through Aug. 29 (no shows on Aug. 8 and 29.)
- Music on the Mountain: Ride the tram in exchange for a canned food item to donate to the local food bank. From rock to soul, dance bands dominate the lineup. From Aug. 15 – Sept. 13, 4 – 8 p.m.
Book a Glenwood Springs summer vacation today at www.visitglenwood.com and enjoy free concerts and more!
ABOUT GLENWOOD SPRINGS:
For more information and to book reservations please visit www.visitglenwood.com. Glenwood Springs is located between Aspen and Vail, Colorado, 160 miles (257 kilometers) west of Denver or 90 miles (145 kilometers) east of Grand Junction on Interstate 70 off exit 116.
An online press kit is available at www.visitglenwood.com/press-kit, press releases at www.visitglenwood.com/glenwood-springs-press-releases and photos are at www.visitglenwood.com/photos. B-roll video footage is available upon request.
Lisa Langer, Vice President of Tourism Marketing
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association
Vicky Nash, Media Relations Representative
Resort Trends, Inc.