EpiCast Report: Acromegaly and Gigantism - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023 is a new market research publication announced by Reportstack. Acromegaly and gigantism are rare disorders of the pituitary gland characterized by the hypersecretion of growth hormone (GH). GH excess beginning in adulthood is known as acromegaly, whereas GH excess beginning during childhood is known as gigantism.
The epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly in the 6MM from 25,354 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 26,884 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.60% in the forecast period. Similarly, the epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed prevalent cases of gigantism in the 6MM from 591 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2013 to 621 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2023, at an AGR of 0.51% in the forecast period. The 6MM had an estimated 22,408 diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly and gigantism receiving any surgical treatment in 2013, and the number of diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly and gigantism receiving any surgical treatment is expected to increase to 23,765 by 2023, at an AGR of 0.61%.
The epidemiologists utilized comprehensive, country-specific data from national acromegaly registers and peer-reviewed journal articles to arrive at a meaningful, in-depth analysis and forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly, as well as the diagnosed prevalent cases of gigantism. For all the 6MM, acromegaly and gigantism cases were segmented by age and sex, and then further segmented into the type of pituitary adenoma, and the need for surgical intervention. Additionally, the cases of acromegaly and gigantism used in this forecast fulfilled the most commonly used diagnostic criteria across the globe, which are based on GH and IGF-1 levels. Finally, the same forecast methodology was used across the 6MM, thereby allowing for meaningful global comparisons of the diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly, and the diagnosed prevalent cases of gigantism across these markets.
- The Acromegaly and Gigantism EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and the global and historical epidemiological trends for acromegaly and gigantism in the six major markets (6MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of acromegaly and gigantism, segmented by sex, age (in 15-year age groups beginning at 15 years and ending at ?75 years in acromegaly cases, and beginning at 0 years and ending at ?75 years in gigantism cases), type of pituitary adenoma (macroadenoma or microadenoma), and whether any surgical intervention was received in these markets.
- The acromegaly and gigantism epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 6MM.
Reasons to buy
The acromegaly and gigantism EpiCast series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global acromegaly and gigantism market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global acromegaly and gigantism market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for acromegaly and gigantism therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Complete report available @ EpiCast Report: Acromegaly and Gigantism - Epidemiology Forecast to 2023.