According to recent research, it may be possible to measure levels of aquaporin-1 (AQP1) and perlipin-2 (PLIN2) in urine and identify kidney cancer in an early and more treatable stage.
In a recent report published in JAMA Oncology researched indicated that these proteins may be used as specific diagnostic and screening biomarkers for clear cell or papillary renal cell carcinoma (RCC).1 This urine test may also be highly beneficial in the differential diagnosis of imaged renal masses. Read more on Cancer Therapy Advisor.
Ovarian cancer treatment set to improve following biomarker discovery
Resistance to chemotherapy is a major reason that patients with the most malignant form of ovarian cancer do not have a good chance of survival. Now researchers have discovered a biomarker that should improve prospects for patients by indicating how their bodies are likely to react to chemotherapy.
The researchers, who report their findings in the British Journal of Cancer, suggest the discovery of the biomarker could lead to better treatment options for patients with high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSC). You can access the entire article on Medical News Today.
Latest developments like these will be discussed at the Cancer Diagnosis and Therapy Congress to be held in London – UK on 3 – 4 September 2015. Organized by Markets and Markets Conferences, the congress will cover topics such as:
- Integration of Irreversible Electroporation with Chemotherapy in the Treatment of Locally Advanced Pancreatic Carcinoma
- Interventional Oncological Therapies in the Treatment of Liver Metastases
- Electrochemical Biosensors for Prostate Cancer Diagnosis
- NGS and Bioinformatics for Cancer Immunotherapies
- Biobanking International Harmonization & Globalization
- Epigenetic Drivers of Drug Resistance
- MicroRNAs in Lung Ttumorigenesis and Response to Chemotherapy
- New Approaches to Inhibiting Androgen Receptor Signalling in Advanced Prostate Cancer
| || |
Upcoming Industry Events
The Epigenetics Discovery Congress | 24 – 25 September 2015 | London – UK
Speaker representation from
| || |
Marketing Manager | MarketsandMarkets Conferences