Contact: Mitch Leff, (404) 861-4769, firstname.lastname@example.org
June 10: LawJam 2016. 7th Annual Battle of the Atlanta Lawyers’ Bands;
Six Lawyer Bands Will “Rock the Cash Bar,” Benefiting Atlanta Bar Foundation Grants Program
Date: Friday, June 10, 2016
Time: Doors open at 6 p.m. for VIP and Premium ticket holders,general admission at 7 p.m.
Where: Buckhead Theatre, 3110 Roswell Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
What: LawJam 2016, “Rock the Cash Bar,” brings together six Atlanta lawyer bands who battle it out for Best Original Song and Best Band honors. Best Original Song winners receive a recording package with Tree Sound Studios.
Why: All proceeds benefit the Atlanta Bar Foundation grants program, a 501(c)3 organization, which assists in providing pro bono legal services to those in need in our community, along with supporting important Atlanta Bar programs such as:
- Minority & Diversity Clerkships - Offers law firm clerkships for minority and diverse students attending the five accredited Georgia law schools
- Summer Law Internship programs - Provides high school students with opportunities for paid internships with Atlanta area law firms, corporations, pro bono organizations and courts.
The Bands: The event features six local lawyer bands.
- Along for the Ride
- Attractive Nuisance
- The Psychics
- Spalding Nix, Rhine, Melonakos & Walker
- The Tin Man
Bands win by the decision of judges and the voting dollars of the audience (every dollar in their “voting bucket” counts as one vote).
- Event Chair: Hannibal Heredia, Hedgepeth, Heredia & Rieder
- Judges: Kaedy Kiely from 97.1 The River radio; Lisa Moore of Georgia Lawyers for the Arts; and Vic Valmus of Moore, Ingraham, Johnson & Steele (former guitarist for .38 Special)
- Emcee: Brian Stoltz
Tickets: $20 general admission, $100 premium (entitles holder to pre-concert reception with bourbon tasting and catered food, as well as general admission ticket to the event.)
Ticket Contact: Terri Bryant, Atlanta Bar Foundation, (404) 521-0781