Q39 opens Overland Park location August 14
Award-winning barbeque concept opens second location; new location includes larger dining area, patio and butcher room
OVERLAND PARK, Ks. (Aug. 11, 2017) – Highly anticipated Q39 South restaurant opens its doors at 11 a.m. on August 14, 2017. The new restaurant is located at 11051 Antioch Rd., in the heart of Overland Park, Ks. in the former Hayward’s Pit Bar B Que space.
Q39 Owner and Executive Chef, Rob Magee, had his eye on Johnson County since opening the original Q39 Midtown location in 2014. He selected the Q39 South location that is easily accessible from I-435 highway to make it convenient for guests in Overland Park to enjoy his championship award-winning barbeque.
Q39 South is a 7,191 square-foot space that underwent a complete interior and exterior renovation. Q39’s new location features an expanded kitchen with the capacity to cater offsite banquets of up to 3,000 guests. The state-of-the-art smokers at Q39 South hold 1,400-pounds of meat compared to the 500-pound capacity of the original Q39 smokers. Q2GO at the new location can handle three times the capacity of Q2GO orders than the original Midtown location. The restaurant offers a designated Q2GO entrance with a large waiting area featuring a view of the butcher room, where all the meat is skillfully prepared fresh daily.
About the Space:
• An urban-rustic interior resembling the interior of the original location
• Dining area with more than 200 seats
• Full-service bar with seating for approximately 25 guests
• A full-service outdoor patio with seating for up to 50 guests
• Designated Q2GO entrance with a large waiting room
• Butcher room with glass window
• Comfortable waiting area
• Full-banquet kitchen that accommodates banquets of up to 3,000 guests
About the Menu
Created in a scratch kitchen made fresh daily, many of the items on the menu are contest award-winning dishes. The menu will mimic that of the already popular Q39 Midtown location and will feature barbeque dishes with a twist like the Burnt End Burger, Pit Master Brisket, House Made Chipolte Sausage and Pulled Pork TaQos.
• Sharables – Fun and contemporary starting dishes including, bacon wrapped shrimp, pork belly and sausage corn dogs and spiced onion straws.
• Soups and Salads – For meal starting options or healthier alternatives.
• Barbeque-Inspired Sandwich Plates - Pairing barbeque smoked meats with other culinary combinations, adding a unique spin to the traditional barbeque sandwich.
• Competition Barbeque Plates – Designed for the barbeque purist, these plates will be prepared with the same quality and specifications used to receive the highest national awards.
• Grill-Fired Brisket Burgers – Q39’s burgers are made from ground brisket, ground chuck and USDA certified Black Angus beef.
• Wood-Fried Grilled Plates – Featuring a selection of steak and seafood.
Q39 Cooking Styles
Q39 features specialties based on two Kansas City favorites, barbeque and wood-fire grilling.
Barbeque – Q39 barbeque is cooked using hickory wood in indirect heat. The hickory is a stronger-flavored wood used to saturate heavier meats such as ribs, chicken and pork shoulder. Barbequed meats are cooked until tender and seasoned with house-developed, original sauces.
Wood-Fire Grilling – In addition to national-champion barbeque, Q39 offers lighter dishes such as hamburgers, steak and seafood cooked using a wood-fire grill. The grill uses oak wood, giving the meat smoky flavor while sealing in the natural juices.
About the Bar
Q39 South houses a full-service bar featuring original hand-crafted cocktails as well as beers and wines from local, national and international distributors. The list of more than two dozen craft cocktails features classic cocktails with a twist, beer cocktales, seasonal cocktails and sangria.
Seating and Hours
Q39 South officially opens to the public Monday, August 14 at 11 a.m. The restaurant is open daily from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday. The bar area accommodates approximately 25 guests.
Reservations and Information
Walk ins are welcome and reservations are accepted by visiting Q39kc.com or by calling (913) 951-4500. All major credit cards are accepted. For the most up-to-date information, visit Q39kc.com or engage on social media at facebook.com/Q39kc, @Q39kc on Twitter or @Q39kc in Instagram.
About Q39 South:
Q39 is a unique hybrid of wood-fired grilling and fresh award-winning barbeque opened first in Kansas City, Mo. in 2014 and in Overland Park, Ks. on Aug. 14, 2017. Q39 features the area’s first open barbeque scratch kitchen chef-driven by national champion barbeque pitmaster and Culinary Institute of America graduate, Rob Magee. Every single dish at Q39 is made fresh from scratch daily using multiple barbeque cooking techniques and Q39’s own barbeque sauces and rubs perfected by Rob and his Munchin’ Hogs barbeque team. Stylishly designed with an urban-rustic flare and a panoramic view of Overland Park, Q39 has a large dining room with wrap-around windows, an expanded patio with fireplace and a dedicated Q2GO carry out entrance. Q39 is home to a full-service bar serving original cocktails and hand-selected beers and wines. Q39 offers full-service off-site catering for small groups and large parties.