6 dogs who perished in fire were 'family' to Thomases

(Cody, Wyo.) - Denae and Michael Thomas had only been in their home for one week, and were in the process of remodeling it when it was caught fire in the early morning hours of Saturday, November 21. The Thomas family was not home at the time, but 6 of their dogs perished in the fire that night along with many of their belongings, tools, and dog training equipment. "Our dogs were family members, they all had awesome potential, and we loved working with them," Denae explained. The Thomas family owns a Service Dog Training and Breeding business, so this loss not only touches them significantly emotionally - it has hit them hard financially as well. "This has been an extremely difficult time for our family," added Denae. [image: 7126889_1448243504.3154_updates.png] The loss of their dog Hector, one of their best dogs, has had the strongest impact on them. Fighting back tears, Denae said, "Hector was our 10-year plan. Losing him is a huge financial and emotional loss for our family." Park County Fire District 2 Marshal Sam Wilde said that the fire was caused by a gas heater in the basement of the building that slowly caused the wall it was mounted to to catch fire. He said the heat from the stove slowly heated the wall, which turned to smoke, and then turned to fire, burning the building from the bottom up. Thus, much of the building was burned before anyone noticed the fire above ground. Wilde encourages everyone installing heaters or stoves to obey clearance codes, and if possible, have a professional do the installation. If you're looking to help the Thomas family, there is a GoFundMe page set up for the family. #reboot #news