(Cody, Wyo.) - While Zero Box is still busy from this year's hunting season... with a record 16 elk in one day... they are ready and prepared for the Christmas orders to start rolling in. Jo Ann tells us, "The big sellers are of course Ham, Prime Rib and Lamb but we won't turn away any request." If you're looking for premium, quality meat for your holiday feast, be sure to get your orders in soon. "We're already starting to get orders," says Jo Ann. To order, call 307-587-4662 or stop in at 528 N. 15th St. in Cody. For those of you who are thinking ham is the way to go, Zero Box has shared their favorite recipe with us: [image: 5165547210_60e116e192_b (1).jpg] *Amazing Glazed Ham (Click here for a printer-friendly version)
- 1 whole leg of ham on the bone (approx 6kg / 12lb)
- a small handful cloves
- 1 jar (500g / 1lb) orange marmalade
- 3-4 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked
- extra rosemary for decoration, optional
1. Preheat your oven to 400F (200C).
2. With a sharp knife, carefully cut away the tough skin from the top
side of the ham, leaving as much luscious fat as you can.
3. Score the ham in a diagonal pattern with cuts about 1 inch apart.
Make sure you cut through the fat and just into the flesh.
4. Press one clove into the center of each diamond.
5. Place in a baking tray, surrounding with the rosemary for decoration,
if using. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the marmalade and rosemary leaves in a small saucepan
unit it simmers. Remove from the heat.
7. After the ham has been in for 20 minutes, pour 1/2 the glaze over the
top, spreading it evenly with a pastry brush, spoon or a little branch of
8. Return to the oven, turning so the front goes to the back for another
9. Smear over the remaining glaze using the method in step 7.
10. Bake for another 20 minutes, remembering to turn again.
11. After the ham has been in for 1 hour, remove and baste by scooping
the juices from the bottom of the pan and drizzling over the top.
12. Bake for another 20 minutes, remembering to turn again.
13. After the ham has been in for 1 hour 20 minutes it should be done.
You’re looking for it to be lovely and deeply caramelized on top. If not,
continue to base and check every 10 minutes until well colored.
14. Serve hot or at room temperature.
#reboot #sponsored #news #zerobox