Cody Home Caught Fire This Weekend

(Cody, WY) - At 12:32am on Sunday a home on Lincoln Avenue in Cody caught on fire. Flames coming from the roof were seen by someone passing by who called 911. Fire Marshall Sam Wilde had 22 personnel on the scene for three hours using four apparatus to put the fire out. "The owner's daughter was in the house alone and asleep but she made it out with no injuries," Wilde said. "They are fortunate that a passerby saw it and called." The investigation is still in the works but the Fire Marshall said they know it started in the chimney and that the occupant had a fire going in the fireplace but she had gone to bed. The damage was extensive with most of the fire going up into the attic and the roof. Fire crews had to pull down a lot of insulation to get to the flames. Wilde described the home as currently unlivable. There were smoke detectors in the home, but Wilde said that none of the had batteries. "This time of year, make sure you have your chimney cleaned," Wilde advised. "But most importantly, make sure you have working batteries in all of your smoke detectors." #reboot #news