The Holiday Inn – Cody
is a family
owned full service hotel for both leisure and business travelers located at
the east gate of Yellowstone National Park in the heart of downtown.
[image: Inline image 1]
Cody is a vibrant community and global destination that offers travelers
from around the world a glimpse into the Old West with it's unmatched
mountain vistas, valleys, rodeos and an abundance of wildlife. Further,
Cody is host to the world renowned Buffalo Bill Center of the West museum.
Our welcoming staff and newly remodeled rooms are a perfect extension of
the Cody experience for our guests. The responsibility for making their
stay comfortable is one we take very seriously.
We are currently hiring for the position of Assistant General Manager. More
career than job, this is a key position in our operation that requires a
multi-faceted individual that can balance the demands of guest relations,
staff performance and the details of operational management. There is no
part of the operation that isn't effected by the Assistant GM, so the
ability to learn, grow, serve as mentor and pay attention to details is
[image: Inline image 2]
*Duties & Responsibilities*
- Responsible for completing required franchise and corporate standards
training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies
- Assign duties to staff and observes performance to ensure adherence to
hotel policies and established operation procedures.
- Provide training to staff- Complete new hire paperwork and orientation
as directed by the GM- Conduct or assist in leading staff meetings
- Receive and resolve guest complaints and employee issues
- Ability to perform all Front Office duties to include Front Desk, van
driver and accounting functions
- Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on
time. Will require the ability to work outside the regularly scheduled
hours. Schedule may vary based on business need.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Hours/Schedule is largely offset from the General Manager to ensure
managerial coverage and may vary week-to-week. This is an evening shift
position with hours that predominantly range from noon to 10:00 pm.
- Perform all duties and task assigned by the General Manager
- Performs functions of the General Manager in his absence
*Education and experience*
- Min of 5 years in the hospitality industry
- Min 2 years in a senior management (department head or greater)
- Valid drivers’ license
*Knowledge and abilities*
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak the English language
- Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate
work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provide
coaching, advice and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome
obstacles and deal with problems
- Ability to deal with management, employees, guests and general public
in a courteous, tactful and patient manner. Good understanding of revenue
generation and profit/loss implications.
- Instill in others a sense of pride in the job at hand
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors work to
ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service
skills, methods and procedures.
- Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and
concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether oral or written
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel
*Specifics about our property*
- Over 186 newly remodeled guest rooms
- An exercise room
- Full service dining room, and lounge room
- Over 10,000 sq. ft. of banquet/meeting space there is room for any
size meeting or conferences, weddings and family reunions.
- The Holiday Inn - Cody is a Blair Hotels Property
*Submit interest and resume to:*
James Blair, General Manager
or by mail:
1701 Sheridan Ave.
Cody, WY 82414
#sponsored #jobs #reboot #oilcity #county10 #county17 #shortgo #dally