The selection and cutting of a special tree from the forest for the holidays has been a treasured tradition for generations of residents. The Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests offer personal-use Christmas Tree Permits for the cutting of a tree on Forest land. Christmas Tree Permits cost $10 per tree (limit five per household), are for personal use only (not for resale), and expire December 31 of the year they are purchased. All areas on the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests are open to harvesting Christmas trees, except for these closed areas listed here
Permits can be purchased at all Ranger District offices, as well as the
- BLM Cheyenne Office, (307) 775-6256, 5353 N Yellowstone Rd, Cheyenne,
WY, M-F, 7:45 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- BLM Rawlins Office, (307) 328-4200, 1300 3rd St, Rawlins, WY, M-F,
7:45 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- The Clark Store, (970) 879-3849, 54175 RCR 129, Clark, CO, 7 am – 7pm,
7 days a week
- Craig Chamber of Commerce & Moffat County Visitor Center, (970)
824-5689, 360 E Victory Way, Craig, CO, M-F, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. & 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Kremmling Chamber of Commerce, (970) 724-3472, 203 Park Ave,
Kremmling, CO, M-W, 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- West Laramie Fly Store, (307) 745-5425, 1657 Snowy Range Rd., Laramie,
WY, 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m., 7 days a week
Permits may also be purchased through the mail from the Douglas Ranger
District & Yampa Ranger District.
*Feature photo: Snowy Range of the Medicine Bow National Forest h/t: Alexey