Elementary school evacuated after faulty electrical work sets off fire alarm

(Cheyenne, Wyo.) - Prior to the end of school, a fire alarm was detected at Arp Elementary earlier this afternoon, March 4. The alarm was found to be a faulty electrical ballast in a classroom light fixture, and there was no fire. However, smoke was contained in a single classroom, in which standard protocols were followed by the school as a result of the fire alarm. The building was evacuated and the Fire Department was dispatched. Students remained safe, and no injuries were reported. Students were released to go home at the end of the school day. #shortgo #news