(Cheyenne, Wyo.) - The Cheyenne Police Department arrested a local man following an investigation into multiple burglaries at storage facility
Matthew W. Miller, Jr., 23, of Cheyenne, is facing one count of aggravated
burglary with a deadly weapon, four counts of burglary, and one count of
conspiracy to commit burglary.
Authorities launched an investigation after suspects had entered several
storage units at Cheyenne Storage, 616 Crook Ave., April 18 and 19,
according to court documents. A total of 16 tenants reported that their
storage units had been burglarized. The suspects gained entry to the units
by cutting off locks or cutting through the inside walls from one storage
unit to the next.
Miller rented one of the storage units at Cheyenne Storage. Another tenant
told authorities that they caught Miller snooping around a few days prior
to the burglaries, court documents state. Several of the items reported to
have been stolen were found in Miller's rental unit.
According to court documents, the following items were taken from the
- Car stereo
- 8 firearms
- Remington Model 1100 semi-auto shotgun
- Ithaca double-barrel side by side shotgun
- CZ550 American bolt action .308 rifle
- Sturm Ruger Mark II .22 cal. semi-auto pistol
- Parker-Hale bolt action rifle .270 cal. w/ scope
- Winchester semi-auto rifle model 190 .22 cal.
- Winchester model 67-A bolt action rifle .22 cal.
- Lama Super Comanche double action revolver .44 magnum
- 2 Thomas Kinkaid paintings; "Perseverance," and "New Port Harbor"
- 2 televisions
- 10'x12' storage shed (still in its box)
- miscellaneous tools, gas welder and acetylene tanks and generator
- camping gear
Aggravated burglary with a deadly weapon is punishable by 5-25 years
inprisonment and/or a $50,000 fine. Burglary is punishable by 0-10 years
inprisonment and/or a $10,000 fine. Conspiracy to comit a burglary is
punishable by 0-10 years and/or a $10,000 fine.
A preliminary hearing in Laramie County Circuit Court is scheduled for
Miller this week. A $10,000 cash bond has been set for Miller.