6 Ways to Increase Your Social Media Presence
With the current nature of the digital landscape, it’s imperative for firms to establish a strong online presence if they wish for their brand and product/service to be recognised among the masses. Social media has transformed one of the most frequented platforms on the internet, and it’s in the best interest of firms to establish a strong online presence so that they can capitalise on the large number of people who can potentially become their customers as well.
Of course, in order to facilitate this change, it’s important that one has the prerequisite knowledge to improve their social media presence to begin with. Keeping in line with this, here are the most effective ways to increase their social media presence.
1. Interact with your audience: Simply posting updates or announcements on your profile will not guarantee success for your social media marketing campaign. You also need to make sure that you’re actively responding to your audience at all times. Whether it’s thanking someone who’s complimenting your efforts, asking you a particular query or even criticising your work – it’s important nevertheless to keep the conversation going with your target audience. This helps your followers to feel valued and gain an incentive of sorts from interacting with you on these social media platforms.
2. Make your campaign unique: It’s easy to inform people about pretty much anything affiliated with your organisation by posting a quick update on any social media channel. However, it’s very hard to capture an audience by just using a simple social media campaign. With enough research on your target audience, you can formulate a great campaign with its own unique personality that can grab the attention of potential leads and convert them into customers. Not only will these unique social media marketing campaigns effectively grab the attention of your customers, but they can also help break outside of the audience you’re targeting and pervade the mainstream, which will significantly improve your brand appeal.
3. Be visually appealing: No matter how you might try and make your campaign look interesting through text, without a visual aid it probably won’t have the appeal you might’ve expected. This makes it imperative that you utilise media to add a face to the voice of your social media campaign, and attain a higher chance of striking a tone with a member of your target audience who’s seen your campaign. The staying power of a campaign is significantly improved with the addition of a striking visual image that can play to your strengths and provide your customers with a fresh look into what you’re trying to market (including your own brand).
4. Stay consistent: This is the most important that you should keep in mind whenever you might think about developing a social media campaign. It’s crucial that you stay consistent with your updates on various social media channels. The fact of the matter is that no matter what, your social campaign media will fall flat if you don’t interact with these channels daily and feed content to the people who surf the internet. You might have the most innovative ideas available, and your posts might get a ton of shares and likes, but all your momentum will simply fall flat if you’re unable to regularly provide content to your followers and keep the conversation going over an extended period of time.
5. Provide your followers with quality content: In order to maintain a conversation, it’s important that the content you share on a daily basis is properly crafted and has staying power. Only by doing so will you be able to facilitate a discussion among your followers and improve your overall social media presence. In order to ensure this, you need to perform constant quality checks and make sure that your content is both informative and eye-catching so that a large number of your followers are intrigued by what you share. Don’t share content that you don’t think is worth sharing since it’ll provide little to no help in the grand scheme of things.
6. Emphasise a human touch over lazy automation: While automation is certainly important in marketing to ensure that your resources are being diverted where they need to be, make sure that your marketing interactions still have a recognisable human touch. This is especially true for social media marketing campaigns, since at the end of the day you are relying on actual people to share and validate your content. This is simply not possible if you choose to utilise a marketing campaign that is heavily reliant on automation, since your customer will be able to identify the fact that your campaigns are not genuine, which will heavily diminish the impact you can possibly have.