Dispatch: Arrests; Bicycles impounded; Two scam calls reported; Dispute over Golf Clubs called in

(Thermopolis, Wyo.) - Here is this past week's Thermopolis Police Department call report. All persons arrested or cited are presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law. *Thermopolis Police Department* *There were no arrests* *There were 70 calls for service in the past seven days* *Wednesday, March 30th* Two bicycles were found in the alley behind the 800 block of Broadway. They were impounded for safe keeping. Claim at the police department. A caller reported getting harassing calls at work from an anonymous caller. A pet dog belonging to an elderly resident escaped its yard. An officer helped locate and return the dog. A motorist who ran a stop sign displayed by a school crossing guard at Sixth and Bighorn was issued a warning. If it happens again, the motorist will be ticketed. An undisclosed juvenile problem was reported in the 1400 block of Valleyview. A resident in the 100 block of Warren called police concerned that an older man was contacting his daughter on the telephone. Officers investigated and took care of the situation. At 9:19 p.m. the TPD received a call from a landowner who reported he found a group of kids with their vehicle stuck in the mud on his property. He helped them get their vehicle out, and warned them that they needed to ask permission before entering private land. He just wanted to pass along that info to the police for documentation. *Thursday, March 31st* A trailer reportedly stolen in North Dakota was found in Thermopolis in the 1300 block of Canyon Hills. A Thermopolis resident who received a flyer in the mail called the number, but disconnected the call when the other party started asking for personal information, including his Social Security Number. A dispute between neighbors at a mobile home park resulted in two calls to police, one from each neighbor in the 100 block of South Highway 20. A motorcycle owner reported he lost his license plate and needed a report to get a new one. *Friday, April 1st* Under investigation is a complaint filed by a resident who alleged that a neighbor might have too many rabbits in a hutch. Two dogs running at large in the Candy Jack Park area were retrieved by their owner before officers arrived. Police were asked to perform a civil standby on a child custody exchange, but the request was canceled before an officer arrived. *Saturday, April 2* Two dogs running at large and captured in the 700 block of South 5th were impounded but later bailed out by their owner. A report of an intoxicated driver turned out to be unfounded. An officer who followed the suspect vehicle said there was no indication of impaired driving. A resident received a call saying they had won a $1-million lottery but they needed to send $400 to release the funds. The resident did not fall for the scam and notified police instead. A friend who left Riverton didn’t arrive in Thermopolis as quickly as the caller thought he should and notified police. The man arrived safely. Police provided a civil standby in the 300 block of Clark for a couple who were breaking up and separating belongings. *Sunday, April 3* A couple in a local hotel on East Park were being loud and disturbing other guests at 2:11 a.m. Police asked the couple to quiet down, and they did. A woman visiting Thermopolis said she had lost her bank card while here, and reported it to the TPD. She was advised to contact her bank and cancel the card. Just before 12:30, a car on Broadway and Sixth rolled into a vehicle that was stopped at a traffic signal. There was no damage. A man called police to report that he had left his golf clubs in an apartment that he had moved out of, and when he returned to fetch them, they were gone. A short time later the dispatch center received another call complaining he was being harassed over the golf clubs. It is a civil matter between former roommates. A couple in a motel were asked to leave, but refused. When police arrived, they departed. A minor fire in the 400 block of Springview was called in. The reporting party said the fire had already been extinguished, but wanted to report the incident. The owner of two dogs who had escaped their yard and that were running at large was contacted and warned to keep the pets on his own property. The incident was reported in the 100 block of South Highway 120. Police were called when a resident had not been answering his phone and a welfare check was requested. The man was in the shower and that’s why he didn’t answer the call. #springcity #news