The College School Hosts Walk-to-School Event
St. Louis, MO - For more than ten years, Walk-to-School Day has been a time-honored tradition at The College School. On Monday, September 26 many of our 250+ students and their families will meet up with at about a dozen rendezvous locations around the St. Louis city and county area from Ted Drewes to Eden Seminary to begin their walk to school.
Aligning closely with the school’s sustainability ethnic, Walk-to-School Day promotes physical health, environmentally responsible behavior, and community fun. Based on location, students will begin their 1.0-3.5 mile route between 6:45am and 7:45am. In 2015, over 300 people participated in this regular event.
Media is welcome at any group meeting point, or at The College School’s Webster Campus at 7825 Big Bend Blvd., Webster Groves, MO, 63119.
Group Meeting Points:
- Christian Life Center. 6:45 AM Departure. 3.5 miles.
- Eden Seminary. 7:45 AM Departure. 1 mile.
- Webster Park (405 Park. Residence). 7:35 AM Departure. 1 mile.
- Blackburn Park (northeast parking lot). 7:25 AM Departure. 1.5 miles.
- Larson Park (Pavilion parking lot on Denver). 7:00 AM Departure. 3 miles.
- Shop N’ Save Maplewood (parking lot). 7:30 AM Departure. About 2 miles.
- Ted Drewes (Chippewa near Lansdowne). 7:20 AM Departure. 2 miles.
- Tilles Park (parking lot entrance on McKnight Rd). 6:45 AM Departure. 3.5 miles.
About The College School
The College School engages children, ages 3 to 13, in curriculum that is adventurous, theme-based and experiential. Our newest updates and offerings include a digital recording studio, renovated play spaces and a state-of-the-art learning center on our second, 28-acre property. Visit www.thecollegeschool.org to learn more about The College School journey and to see how our students think, collaborate and have real impacts on their worlds.