The Ainsworth’s national expansion begins in Kansas City; set to open Thursday, Jan. 11
Full-scale restaurant, known for its high-end lounge and acclaimed Mac & Cheese Burger, will open in a fully renovated 4,300-square-foot space in Leawood’s Park Place
Leawood, Kan. (Dec. 22, 2017) – Earlier this fall, Paige Hospitality Group, based in New York City, announced its plans to expand one of its restaurant concepts, The Ainsworth, beyond the borders of Manhattan and New Jersey. On Thursday, Jan. 11 it will fulfill those plans as The Ainsworth opens its doors for the first time outside those borders in Leawood, Kansas, bringing its sixth location to Park Place at 11563 Ash Street. Currently, The Ainsworth has locations in New York City’s Chelsea, Midtown and East Village neighborhoods, as well in Hoboken, New Jersey and Newark, New Jersey.
The fully renovated 4,300-square-foot space will seat 118 indoors and 76 with an additional 1,200 square feet of outdoor seating. The Ainsworth will serve lunch and dinner daily, as well as a weekend brunch, offered on both Saturday and Sunday.
Known for its gourmet burgers, The Ainsworth has made a name for itself with its acclaimed Mac & Cheese Burger. The all-beef burger, which is sandwiched between a panko-crusted mac & cheese patty and traditional, creamy mac & cheese, has been featured in national media outlets, including Men's Journal, Business Insider, BuzzFeed, and Refinery29.
The Mac & Cheese Burger is joined by 43 other dishes on The Ainsworth’s menu, including small plates, salads, more gourmet burgers, sandwiches, steaks, tacos, and sides.
The Ainsworth Signature Dishes:
- Mac & Cheese Burger – panko-crusted mac & cheese patty, all-beef patty, mac & cheese, sesame bun (lunch, brunch and dinner)
- Hangar Steak Flatbread – gorgonzola, rosemary oil, chimichurri (brunch and dinner)
- Mac & Cheese Fries – marinara dip (lunch, brunch and dinner)
- Chicken Paillard – grilled chicken, arugula, granny smith apple, fresh herbs, citrus vinaigrette (lunch, brunch and dinner)
- Reuben Burger – all-beef patty, Swiss cheese, red onion, pastrami, coleslaw, horseradish sauce, thousand island dressing (lunch and dinner)
- Burrata Caprese Burger – burrata, heirloom tomato, basil pesto, balsamic, brioche bun (lunch and dinner)
- Fried Chicken Taco – chipotle aioli, pico de gallo, corn tortilla (lunch and dinner)
- Skirt Steak – pineapple-chipotle marinade, chimichurri, bacon-almond brussels sprouts (lunch and dinner)
The Ainsworth Signature Brunch-Only Dishes:
- Burrata Caprese Toast – heirloom tomato, burrata, basil, balsamic glaze
- Banana Split Parfait – banana, coconut-cranberry granola, mixed berries, cinnamon yogurt
- Breakfast Burger – Ainsworth sausage-blend patty, cheddar, bacon, sunny-side-up egg, hollandaise, brioche bun
- Huevos Rancheros – queso fresco, salsa verde, sunny-side-up egg
- Short Rib Skillet – potato hash, scallion, sour cream
- Chicken & Sausage Gravy – fried chicken breast, provolone, mozzarella, buttermilk biscuits
Monday – Friday, 4-7 p.m.
$4.00 draft beers and house wines
$3.00 well drinks
Weekday lunch special
Monday – Friday during lunch
Choice of The Classic Burger, any sandwich or any salad with a soft drink for a discounted price
Every Monday, all day
Half-price select steaks
Every Tuesday, all day
Burgers & Bourbon
Every Wednesday, all day
Any of The Ainsworth's gourmet burgers at half-price with the purchase of a select bourbon
Bar & Lounge
The Ainsworth is well known for its high-end bar and lounge, featuring a cocktail and drink menu that includes specialty wines, local craft beers and cocktails.
The Ainsworth Signature Cocktails:
- Crooked Knife – jalapeno-infused DeLeon Tequila, lemon, agave
- Cinnamon Peach Mule – 360 Vodka, peach nectar, vanilla simple syrup, apple cider, lime, lemon
- The Ains Martini – Ketel One Vodka, Aperol, lemon grapefruit
- Maple Old Fashioned – Crown Royal Rye, maple syrup, lemon bitters, Angostura bitters
- Cooper Thief – Bulleit Rye Whiskey, simple syrup, Cooper & Thief Red Blend Wine, cherries, lemon
- Ol Jackie Girl – Jack Daniel’s Whiskey, apple cider, honey, lemon, orange bitters
The Ainsworth’s operating hours are:
- Monday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – midnight
- Friday, 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. – midnight
Lunch is served Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Weekend brunch is offered Saturday & Sunday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Dinner is served Sunday – Thursday, 4 – 10 p.m. and Friday & Saturday, 4 p.m. – midnight. The Ainsworth bar is open two hours after dinner service closes every night.
Happy hour is offered Monday – Friday, as well, from 4 – 7 p.m.
Reservations and Information
Walk-ins are welcome and reservations are accepted by calling 913-296-7956. All major credit cards are accepted. For information and updates, visit www.theainsworth.com/kansas-city.