Big or Small, Two New Clippers from Wahl Meet the Preferences of DIY Haircutters
STERLING, Ill. (March 2, 2019) – Whether your preference leans towards a sports car or an SUV, just like driving, men have different comfort levels when it comes to the size of their clippers when cutting their own hair. Wahl, the hair clipper category leader, had this in mind with the introduction of two new clippers. The new Smooth Cut Pro Clipper and Extreme Grip Pro Clipper were both designed with the DIY guy in mind. While each boast features focused on control and ease-of-use, they appeal to different size sensibilities.
“We know that 96 percent of men who cut their own hair rate control and ease-of-use as top priorities,” said Steven Yde, division vice president for Wahl. “Our new clippers address this concern with the superior performance that’s expected from Wahl, however, they’re also different enough to appeal to men’s different clipper style comfort levels.”
Smooth Cut Pro Clipper
The majority of the clipper market is comprised of men who cut their own hair. These guys pride themselves on being self-sufficient and handy, and the new Smooth Cut Pro Clipper is designed to help men do just that. Intended to perform with the agility of a luxury sports car, the following features make this clipper perfect for performing self-cuts:
- Smaller Size – While its traditional classic design has instant consumer recognition, it’s 25 percent smaller than standard clippers. Its smaller size, combined with soft no-slip finger grips, offer added control and make this clipper ideal for self-cuts with easy access to the back of the head, neckline and around the ears.
- Smooth Cutting – The newly redesigned Smooth Cut attachment guards are optimized for superior comfort and cut quality. For example, they include SECURE-FIT, which is a bigger attachment clip for a more secure bond to the blade. In addition, self-sharpening precision ground blades eliminate snagging, and an adjustable taper lever allows for easy blending and fading.
- Ultra Quiet Power – A smaller size doesn’t mean less power; in fact, the clipper’s Ultra-Max Power Motor offers power and stroke, but it operates quietly for a more enjoyable grooming experience.
Extreme Grip Pro Clipper
Some could refer to the Extreme Grip Pro as the big brother to the Smooth Cut Pro, as they have familiar traits. While this clipper is also great for self-haircuts, it exudes authority and will appeal to men looking for a little more oomph. The following features give this clipper the clout it deserves:
- Manageable Power – At a larger size than the Smooth Cut Pro, this clipper looks formidable. But don’t let its robust stature fool you, its power has been harnessed for ease-of-use. Features like a silicone rubber sleeve allow for a soft grip; it’s also impact resistant and stays 15 percent cooler than comparable trimmers. This all results in a clipper that has a professional-quality feel, but works perfectly for DIY home haircuts.
- Peace of Mind Cutting – The clipper’s Ultra Power™ Motor has exceptional power that can cut through the thickest of hair without snagging, and the self-sharpening precision ground blades stay sharp longer. A quality cut is also ensured with the inclusion of Wahl’s new optimized Smooth Cut attachment guards.
The Smooth Cut Pro Clipper has a MSRP of $49.99 and the Extreme Grip Pro Clipper a MSRP of $39.99, and both are currently available for distribution. More information on Wahl grooming tools can be found at WahlUSA.com. Retailers interested in more information about Wahl products should call (815) 625-6525.
About WAHL Grooming
Celebrating its 100th anniversary, Wahl continues to help men look and feel their best with innovative products manufactured to define and elevate the men’s grooming category. The company set the standard with the first-ever practical electric hair clipper in 1919, and later strengthened its leadership with the world’s first battery-powered facial hair trimmer. Wahl crosses its centennial milestone by introducing a complete line of personal care products including a beard oil, shampoo, and body wash. It’s this continued commitment to excellence that has solidified Wahl’s place as the world’s go-to brand for men’s grooming solutions. For more information, visit WahlUSA.com.
# # #