Choosing The Perfect Kayak For You
What activities do you like to do when you are in the water? Most people would certainly get into action like play water games, go swimming, or get on the sit-on-top or SOT Kayaks and do some rowing. Others would simply sit by the shore and listen to the rushing waves or enjoy the glorious sunset. Whatever your interests are, bodies of water are definitely inviting.
If all that you want to do is physical activity minus getting wet, then rowing a boat, perhaps one of those SOT Kayaks, would be a great option. There is no need to worry if you have not tried the activity before as there is truly one kayak for starters. Simply ask a family or friend who is into kayaking or search the worldwide web for the things you would like to know if you do not have the time or budget to take formal lessons. However, you have to bear in mind that taking the basic kayaking course offers some advantages.
You need to determine the type of kayak that suits you basing on the following considerations:
• Body of water - Where will you be rowing the kayak in? If it is in the sea, experts would advise the thin and long types as this shape would cause the water craft to float more effectively. If you will be coursing through waterway rapids, then go for the short types as they are easier to turn and maneuver.
• Purpose - Will you be using the kayak for rowing alone or would you also take it out to the lake or sea for some fishing and diving? If the latter is your choice, you would need something a bit heavy so that it can remain stable despite the strong waves.
• Number of passengers - Would you want to row alone or have a companion to cooperate with? There are single kayaks and two-seater kayaks. Take your pick.
• Materials - The material used for the kayak will determine the stability, durability and weight. Some people like those which are made of rot molded polyethylene as they are inexpensive. Others who like ultra-light kayaks go for the inflatable and composite types.
• Ease of Access - If you do not like the feeling of being in a confined space, go for the SOT Kayaks instead of the sit-in types. Having this design also makes it easy for you to get in and out of the kayak.
• Budget - While taking into consideration all the above factors, you must also work within the maximum amount you can afford.
If you are just getting started with the rowing hobby, the most convenient type to go for would be the SOT Kayaks.