AIA Houston Announces 2017 Annual Home Tour Houses and Architects
Ten architect-designed houses selected by a jury of industry experts to represent the finest in new residential architecture will be featured 2017 Annual AIA Houston Home Tour on the weekend of October 21-22, 2017 from noon-6 p.m. each day. The 2017 Home Tour Chairman is Kiza Forgie, AIA of m + a architecture studio. Open to the public, the self-guided, 2-day tour attracts approximately 3,000 people each year and operates with generous permission from homeowners, community cooperation, 200 volunteers, and architects eager to share each home's design.
All of the homes on the tour are located within the Houston metropolitan area, designed by an AIA architect, and completed within the last 5 years. This year’s selection committee is former AIA national President Elizabeth Chu Richter of Richter Architects (Corpus Christi), Elizabeth Price of Upchurch Architects, Inc. (Brenham), and Dan Shipley of Shipley Architects (Dallas). The criteria used to select homes for the tour include design excellence, quality and craftsmanship, innovative design solutions and use of materials, and sustainability of design. The selection committee reviewed all submittals and made the final selection of homes to include on the tour.
Saturday and Sunday, October 21-22, 2017
12-6 p.m. each day
See a map of all featured houses.
Featured Houses and Architects:
- 4210 Whitman Street, Houston, TX 77027, 2scale architects
- 1501 Laird Street, Houston, TX 77008, Brett Zamore Design
- 1700 Haver Street, Houston, TX 77006, Collaborative Designworks
- 1427 Waverly Street, Houston, TX 77005, CONTENT Architecture
- 2411 Swift Boulevard, Houston, TX 77008, Cusimano Architect
- 420 Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024, Dillon Kyle Architects
- 721 Redan Street, Houston, TX 77009, m + a architecture studio
- 702 East 13th Street, Houston, TX 77008, McIntyre Robinowitz Architects
- 5280 Caroline Street, Houston, TX 77004, Munoz + Albin Architecture & Planning
- 5007 S. Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX 77096, studioMET
- $25 Full-Tour Advance Ticket through October 18, 2017; or $35 on the weekend of the tour
- $20 Full-Tour Advance Ticket for Bike Riders through October 18, 2017; or $30 on the weekend of the tour
- $10 Single House Ticket (Single house tickets will not be available for pre-sale)
The Full-Tour and Single House Tickets can be purchased at any of the participating houses during tour hours and are good both days of the tour.
Full-Tour tickets may be purchased in advance online at http://www.aiahouston.org/hometour. Advance ticket sales end October 18, 2017.
AIA Houston wishes to recognize and thank the following tour sponsors (as of August 8th) for their generosity:
ABOUT AIA HOUSTON
The American Institute of Architects Houston is the professional organization for more than 1,800 architects and other design professionals in the greater Houston area. Its mission includes service to members and to the public.
Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
ABOUT THE HOME TOUR
Open to the public, the AIA Houston Home Tour showcases the finest residential architecture in the Houston area, as designed by licensed architects. Houses are chosen to showcase a variety of design styles demonstrating that excellence in design is not limited by size or dollars.
The home tour is a nonprofit fundraiser and supports various AIA Houston initiatives throughout the year. Watch a video overview of the AIA Home Tour.
Tina Zulu, Zulu Creative, 888.520.1789, ext. 1 or email@example.com for AIA Houston.
# # #